SITA wins passenger service contract from Sharjah International Airport
Netherlands-based SITA Information Network Computing (SITA) has been awarded a five-year contract to deliver improved passenger processing systems at Sharjah International Airport.
Under the agreement, SITA will install and maintain its Common Use Terminal Equipment (CUTE) check-in service and Departure Control System (DCS). The project expands existing passenger and departure systems, enabling a more efficient and passenger-friendly airport experience.
More than 1.3 million passengers a year travel through Sharjah International Airport, which is now served by some 40 airlines, handling at least 1,800 aircraft and approximately 175,000 passengers every month. It is just 10 kilometers from Sharjah city center and about 15 kilometers away from the Emirate of Dubai.
SITA's solutions are designed to help airports maximize security, combat congestion, improve operating efficiencies and reduce costs. They also provide airports with the technology architecture required to take advantage of a broad range of services based on Internet Protocols (IP) that are vital to the future of the air transport industry. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi Arabian airlines select Sita for $76 m global hybrid network deal
- sita takes on $16.8 million it transformation project at saudi international airports
- SITA wins $9.8 million contract from Kuwait International Airport
- SITA wins contract to develop IT systems at six Egyptian airports
- 4.3 million passengers to benefit from latest sita cute systems at doha international airport