Six Continents Hotels boosts presence in Red Sea region
Six Continents Hotels has appointed Magdy Takla as the new regional director operations for the Red Sea region. Takla will also be the new general manager of the Inter-Continental Resort Sharm Al-Sheikh, where he will be responsible for the 450-room property due to open towards the end of October 2002.
Previously general manager of the 252-room Hurghada Inter-Continental Resort and Casino, Takla brings with him nineteen years of experience in the hospitality industry, including two hotel openings, according to a company press release.
Six Continents Hotels will open another property in Egypt later this year—the 452-room Inter-Continental Resort Soma Bay, while the 792-room Hotel Inter-Continental Heliopolis opens in Cairo early in 2003.
A second new Cairo hotel, the Holiday Inn Heliopolis, opens in the summer of 2003. Like the new Inter-Continental hotel in the capital, it is an integral part of Citystars Heliopolis Cairo, comprising shopping, entertainment, residential and office facilities.
Six Continents Hotels, the hotel business of Six Continents PLC of the United Kingdom, owns, manages, leases or franchises more than 3,270 hotels and 512,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories around the world. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Semiramis Inter-Continental seeks to revive flow of tourists to Egypt
- Six Continents Hotels' sales drive brings overseas and Middle East success
- Six Continents Hotels appoints general managers for Alexandria properties
- Six Continents Hotels promotes two Egyptian to regional positions
- Two Intercontinental properties to open in Egypt by mid-2003