Six Continents Hotels promotes two Egyptian to regional positions
The UK-based Six Continents Hotels has promoted two of its hotel managers to regional positions in charge of resort properties in Egypt. The company, formerly known as Bass Hotels & Resorts, operates six Inter-Continental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels in Egypt where the company also has ten properties under development. Six Continents owns, operates or franchises more than 3,200 hotels and 510,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories.
Magdi Takla, general manager of the Hurghada Inter-Continental Resort, was promoted to regional director of operations at the Red Sea Resorts. Robert Zoghbi moved from his position as general manager of the Regency Inter-Continental Bahrain to become general manager of the Sharm Al-Shaikh Inter-Continental Resort, which is scheduled to open in March 2001, and is promoted to regional director of operations, Sinai Resorts. — (Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Chris Moloney promoted to Area Vice President Operations, Six Continents Hotels MEA
- Six Continents nominates marketing director for Northern Gulf
- Six Continents Hotels boosts presence in Red Sea region
- Crowne Plaza Resort opens in Sharm Al-Shaikh
- Qatari hotels report positive rise in occupancy rates and revenues.