SMOE to provide Qatar Occidental with offshore facility
The Singapore-based SMOE company has been awarded a contract to provide an offshore central processing facility platform for Occidental Petroleum Company of Qatar Ltd, a subsidiary of the US-based Occidental Petroleum.
Scheduled for completion in the first quarter of 2005, the platform will be located in the Idd Al-Shargi North Dome Field in the Qatari sector of the Arabian Gulf, 80 kilometers northeast of Doha, in a water depth of approximately 36 meters.
SMOE will be responsible for the engineering, procurement, fabrication, pre-commissioning, load-out, transportation, installation, offshore hook-up and commissioning of the process/utility deck with jacket, flare structure with jacket, four bridges with one support jackets, as well as modifications to an existing platform to accommodate the new facilities.
SMOE is the oil and gas subsidiary of SembCorp Utilities, the wholly owned utilities arm of SembCorp Industries. An offshore oil and gas engineering and construction company, SMOE designs, procures, fabricates, installs and commissions offshore platforms, modules, and floating production systems for clients worldwide. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- CB&I to provide Qatar with offshore oil/water separation facility
- SembCorp awarded three major offshore contracts
- Qatar Music Academy receives generous support from Occidental Petroleum of Qatar Ltd
- New facility for offshore drilling rigs takes shape in the UAE
- Honeywell to provide integrated control and safety systems for Dolphin Energy Limited