Canadian company secures Abu Dhabi oil deal
SNC-Lavalin has won a contract from Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (Adco) to provide a front-end engineering design (Feed) study for Phase 2 of the Qusahwira Oil Field.
Adco is a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc). The project aims to increase the oil production at the oilfield by 25,000 barrels of oil per day, a statement said.
The Qusahwira Oil Field is located approximately 260 km south of Abu Dhabi and covers an area of 7,525 sq km. It is part of the South East Asset, which contributes approximately one-third of Adco's daily production. The development of Qusahwira is part of Adco's strategy to increase crude oil production by 2017.
Work has begun at SNC-Lavalin's offices in Abu Dhabi, Mumbai and Toronto, it said.
"We are pleased to support Adco on this important project," said Terrance N Ivers, executive vice-president, oil & gas, SNC-Lavalin Group. "This contract further extends our footprint in the Middle East and provides us with another opportunity to contribute to industrial development in the region."
SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, and is a major player in the ownership of infrastructure and in the provision of operations and maintenance services.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Abu Dhabi's Taqa looking for oil in Iraq's Kurdish region
- Abu Dhabi Investment Company, Korea Development Bank and Korea Trade Promotion Agency sign cooperation deal
- Halliburton awarded three-year completions contract by abu dhabi company for onshore oil operation (adco)
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- GE /ABB Consortium wins contract with Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)