Canadian company secures Abu Dhabi oil deal
Montreal based SNC-Lavalin will support Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations and produce 25,000 barrels of oil per day (Image: File)
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi Company for Onsh ...,
Click here to add Abu Dhabi National Oil Company as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi National Oil Company,
Click here to add Mumbai as an alert
Disable alert for Mumbai,
Click here to add SNC-Lavalin as an alert
Disable alert for SNC-Lavalin,
Click here to add SNC-Lavalin Group as an alert
Disable alert for SNC-Lavalin Group,
Click here to add Terrance N Ivers as an alert
Disable alert for Terrance N Ivers,
Click here to add Toronto as an alert
Disable alert for Toronto
SNC-Lavalin has won a contract from Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (Adco) to provide a front-end engineering design (Feed) study for Phase 2 of the Qusahwira Oil Field.
Adco is a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc). The project aims to increase the oil production at the oilfield by 25,000 barrels of oil per day, a statement said.
The Qusahwira Oil Field is located approximately 260 km south of Abu Dhabi and covers an area of 7,525 sq km. It is part of the South East Asset, which contributes approximately one-third of Adco's daily production. The development of Qusahwira is part of Adco's strategy to increase crude oil production by 2017.
Work has begun at SNC-Lavalin's offices in Abu Dhabi, Mumbai and Toronto, it said.
"We are pleased to support Adco on this important project," said Terrance N Ivers, executive vice-president, oil & gas, SNC-Lavalin Group. "This contract further extends our footprint in the Middle East and provides us with another opportunity to contribute to industrial development in the region."
SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, and is a major player in the ownership of infrastructure and in the provision of operations and maintenance services.
- Tunisia 2020 investment conference: 145 mega projects on offer
- Coca-Cola inaugurates $20M bottling plant in Gaza
- GCC tax on expats' income and remittances would be highly regressive: IMF
- 'The worst is over for Qatar's trade balance': BMI Research
- Sotheby's to open Dubai office as MENA falls for the lure of the auction
- Abu Dhabi's Taqa looking for oil in Iraq's Kurdish region
- Abu Dhabi Investment Company, Korea Development Bank and Korea Trade Promotion Agency sign cooperation deal
- Halliburton awarded three-year completions contract by abu dhabi company for onshore oil operation (adco)
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- GE /ABB Consortium wins contract with Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)