SNC-Lavalin, Black & Veatch consortium awarded Algerian contract
SNC-Lavalin International Inc. and its consortium partner, Black & Veatch Corporation, on Tuesday announced that they will be providing services to Sonatrach in connection with the construction of the new Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) train in Skikda, Algeria, under a Project Management Consultancy agreement. Services are set to start in early July 2005, and are expected to be completed in 2010.
LNG trains are the production units where natural gas is converted into liquid form for transportation by LNG tankers. The consortium under the leadership of SNC-Lavalin will ensure the monitoring and control of engineering and the management of the new LNG train project.
"We are excited to be associated with this important LNG project in Algeria and to work once more with Sonatrach, a world leader in LNG production and a strategic customer for SNC-Lavalin," said Pierre Duhaime, Executive Vice-President, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
"This is a very prestigious project for Black & Veatch as we continue our relationship with Sonatrach," stated David Still, Black & Veatch Corporation, Senior Vice-President and Executive Director of the Middle East, India, Europe and Africa. "LNG is a core competency of Black & Veatch and this project further strengthens our global presence in the LNG market."
- Saudi Arabia: SNC-Lavalin awarded contract for Wasit gas program
- Japanese consortium to construct Algerian desalination power plant
- SNC-Lavalin to build new water treatment plant in Algeria
- Saudi Arabian Mining Company awards $5.7 million contract for phosphate project
- US Ex-Im Bank extends $192 million loan guarantee to Algerian power plant project