Sony delivers outside broadcasting van to MBC
Sony Broadcast and Professional has recently delivered Outside Broadcasting (OB) unit to the pan-Arab satellite TV station, Middle East Broadcasting Center (MBC). The first broadcast from the new MBC’s Sony OB van was the live link-up of Elton John’s concert in Dubai.
“The OB van is the latest in a series of equipment, solutions and services that have been provided by Sony over the past twelve months to strengthen and support MBC’s news gathering and broadcast operations,” said Hassan Ghoul, general manager of Sales at Sony Broadcast & Professional Middle East.
The 11 meters OB vehicle that has been custom-designed to MBC’s requirements has eight resident triax-based cameras and one microwave link camera. The internal layout has been designed to maximize operational efficiency and boasts four operational areas including Engineering, Main Production, VT (Video Tape) and Audio Production.
Since 1996 Sony Broadcast & Professional has delivered 13 Outside Broadcast vehicles to various television stations in the Middle East region.
The regional broadcasting company has relocated its main headquarters from London to the Dubai Media City (DMC) last year. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Procast appointed regional authorized dealer for EVS Broadcast Equipment
- Sony's 3G project with Al Jazeera worth a whole lot more "Gs": historic deal signed for $143 million Monday
- Lookout iPod: Sony unveils latest Walkman in the Middle East
- Abu Dhabi Media Company to pioneer High Definition TV broadcasting across the Arab world
- MBC's new reality show highlights entrepreneurship