Gas production to begin in Iran's South Pars
Gas production will start in two phases of the South Pars gas field in the near future, Head of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) Ahmad Qalebani said.
The first phase of South Pars 15 and 16 gas fields are ready to be operational, Qalebani said on Monday. He said that number 15 and 16 gas fields of South Pars gas field will come on stream in the coming days. Praising endeavors of the contractors and activists in charge for successful commissioning of the first segment of gas sweetening project in the field, he said that designing, manufacturing and commissioning mega gas projects are worked out by Iranian technicians.
The South Pars gas field covers an area of 9,700 square kilometers, 3,700 square kilometers of which are in Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf.The remaining 6,000 square kilometers, i.e. the North Dome, are in Qatar's territorial waters. The South Pars gas field holds 8 percent of total gas reserves of the world and half of the country's proven gas reserves as well as is the host of the most important industrial complexes of the country and the most important part of oil industry's value chain.
- Iran: Plans to increase gas production
- Making it worthwhile: Iran's South Pars field exports gas, oil to 29 countries for $1.3 billion
- US$23 billion invested in Iran's South Pars gas field
- Iran to surpass Qatar’s production levels from South Pars
- Iran issues tender for phases nine through 12 of South Pars gas field