Speaker line up confirmed for Dubai Strategy Forum 2002
General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, crown prince of Dubai and United Arab Emirates (UAE) minister of defense, will lead forty government, business and academic personalities set to take the stage at this year's Dubai Strategy Forum, October 28-30, 2002.
The support line up will include ministers, media chiefs and Nobel Prize contenders, according to the Forum's chairman, Mohammed Al-Gergawi. Gergawi made the announcement to a diplomatic audience comprising representatives to the UAE from more than 40 embassies including the Ambassadors and Counsel Generals from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states, India, Pakistan, China, Great Britain, Germany and Canada.
He named foreign government presence at the Forum as including Pakistan's Minister of Finance Shaukat Aziz, Minister of Foreign Affairs to Sri Lanka Tyronne Fernando and Vivian Balakrishnan, Singapore's minister of state for national development.
“We are launching a process at the Forum this year. This is a process meant to contribute to a momentum for growth for the countries of the region by creating a framework of open and constructive dialogue, of business-oriented interaction relevant for the 31 countries of the region represented,” said Gergawi. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai Strategy Forum 2002 launches essay competition
- GITEX Global Leaders Summit announces World Class Speaker Line-Up
- Emirates Green Building Council unveils speaker line-up for Annual Congress on November 27 and 28
- TM Forum Confirms Additional Keynote Speakers for Management World 2010
- Sheikh Mohammad to Open ‘Dubai Strategy Forum’