Special committee to enhance dissemination of financial and economic information
A special committee has been formed to facilitate the dissemination of financial and economic information about Bahrain. The committee comprises officials from the Bahrain Monetary Agency (BMA) and Bahrain Stock Exchange (BSE), as well as representatives of Bahrain Radio and Television Corporation (BRTC).
Its mission is to maximize availability and visibility of economic and financial information, including the capital market. “Transparency is of utmost importance in fostering investor confidence in a country or in a stock market,” said Deputy Governor of the BMA and Deputy Chairman of the BSE, Khalid Al-Bassam.
The newly-established committee, which is scheduled to begin work shortly, will promote investment and financial services provided by various institutions in Bahrain as well as disseminate information about financial and finance-related events taking place in the Kingdom.
The committee will cooperate closely with various public and private sector institutions and media organizations. It will also work with the University of Bahrain to prepare youngsters with specializations in business and finance for careers in the media, to ensure the continuity of professional development of this specialized media. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UAE Ministry of Finance holds workshop on OECD Information Exchange
- Needed changes to Jordan's financial market
- Iraq for Enhancing Economic Cooperation With Bahrain
- Emirati Analyst Discusses Implications of Transparency on Financial and Political Growth at Dubai School of Government Lecture
- MoF’s delegation participates in the Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes