SPI appoints Afrina as contractor
Sabban Property Investments (SPI) has appointed Afrina Construction Company as the prime contractor for the construction of their three luxury 6 level podium + 20-storey Sabban Towers in the Porto Arabia harbour district of The Pearl-Qatar, further to approval from the island’s Master Developer: United Development Company (UDC). Piling work began in December 2005 making SPI one of the first to start building on Porto Arabia.
The project is unique in that all three towers will be built on one podium leading to significant economies of scale and the ability to offer bigger and better facilities. The total plot area for all three towers is 19,692 m², including 6,115 m² for recreational activity. Sabban Towers provide upscale residential apartments and luxury penthouses, with sweeping sea and picturesque marina views. Presented in three architectural styles, Sabban Towers perfectly reflect The Pearl-Qatar’s ‘Riviera Arabia’ spirit.
Turki Alsabban, Director of SPI commented, “Following the official land handover from UDC and with the appointment of Afrina Construction Company as main contractor, we are ready to move forward to the construction phase of Sabban Towers. Assembling a professional team is key to the success of the project, and we are confident that Afrina are the best people for the job.”
- Qatar’s property development sector gets a boost with the visit of high level Chinese delegation
- Sabban Property Investments (SPI) and UDC in Porto Arabia Tower Agreement
- sabban property investments completes construction of superstructure on the qr 1 billion sabban towers
- Sabban Property Investments (SPI) on the Judging Panel for Construction Week Awards 2005
- Marina West appoints main contractor