Standard & Poor’s increase Qtel’s rating to ‘A’
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C. announced today that Standard and Poor’s (“S&P”) have increased their credit ratings on Qtel. The long term rating has increased to 'A' from 'A-' and the short-term rating to 'A-1' from 'A-2'. The outlook remains stable. The announcement follows S&P’s upgrade on the sovereign ratings of the State of Qatar.
The rating is supported by Qtel’s market position, cash flow generation, international diversification and Government support.
- First banks, now companies: Gulf firms 'go Islamic'
- No where to hide: Israel, UK ally against tax evasion epidemic
- Nasdaq-style crisis: is the Saudi stock market not ready to come out yet?
- Panic sell-offs: Gulf markets slide after U.S. oil hits six-year low
- What will it take for Egypt to get the $300 billion it wants?