Standard & Poor’s increase Qtel’s rating to ‘A’
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C. announced today that Standard and Poor’s (“S&P”) have increased their credit ratings on Qtel. The long term rating has increased to 'A' from 'A-' and the short-term rating to 'A-1' from 'A-2'. The outlook remains stable. The announcement follows S&P’s upgrade on the sovereign ratings of the State of Qatar.
The rating is supported by Qtel’s market position, cash flow generation, international diversification and Government support.
- Taming the monster: UAE regulator to tighten supervision of financial markets over Arabtec's debacle
- Banking in the time of Ramadan: reconciling contemplation with profit-making
- Attempting to go mainstream? how Islamic banks are ditching the 'Islam' label in order to go global
- How Sukuks are proving a viable financing option for Saudi Arabia
- To jump on the bandwagon or not to jump: all about owning a credit card in Egypt