Standard & Poor’s increase Qtel’s rating to ‘A’
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C. announced today that Standard and Poor’s (“S&P”) have increased their credit ratings on Qtel. The long term rating has increased to 'A' from 'A-' and the short-term rating to 'A-1' from 'A-2'. The outlook remains stable. The announcement follows S&P’s upgrade on the sovereign ratings of the State of Qatar.
The rating is supported by Qtel’s market position, cash flow generation, international diversification and Government support.
- United Arab Bank makes AED250,000 contribution to Al Thiqah Club for the Handicapped
- Opening up: is Saudi Arabia's stock market ready for an upgrade?
- Severe symptom of a savings gap? Turkey leads Europe in credit card debt
- Gulf stocks facing some serious 'downward pressures'
- Long-anticipated hike: Dollar on track for best annual gain in nine years