Standard & Poor’s increase Qtel’s rating to ‘A’
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C. announced today that Standard and Poor’s (“S&P”) have increased their credit ratings on Qtel. The long term rating has increased to 'A' from 'A-' and the short-term rating to 'A-1' from 'A-2'. The outlook remains stable. The announcement follows S&P’s upgrade on the sovereign ratings of the State of Qatar.
The rating is supported by Qtel’s market position, cash flow generation, international diversification and Government support.
- Not so open for business after all? Western Banks giving Iran the cold shoulder
- Why Kuwait budget spending is up 8% year-on-year in April-Jan
- Twist of fate: Middle East fund managers shy away from Turkey, warm up to Egypt
- 'Let them eat cake'...or in the case of Egyptians, shall we say 'pasta'?
- In flux: What's up with Dubai's stock market?!