Standard & Poor’s increase Qtel’s rating to ‘A’
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C. announced today that Standard and Poor’s (“S&P”) have increased their credit ratings on Qtel. The long term rating has increased to 'A' from 'A-' and the short-term rating to 'A-1' from 'A-2'. The outlook remains stable. The announcement follows S&P’s upgrade on the sovereign ratings of the State of Qatar.
The rating is supported by Qtel’s market position, cash flow generation, international diversification and Government support.
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East
- Time to burst that Expo 2020 bubble, can Dubai survive with $103 billion in debt?
- Meet 'Mr. Five Percent': the man who bought Syria one bank at a time
- Why Lebanon needs more Arab investment
- Do Islamic banks need to "reorient themselves" in order to grow in the future?