Sudan: Alsunut launches ‘Almogran’ real estate development
Alsunut Development Company, Sudan’s leading real estate development company, announced at Cityscape the international launch for their US$4 billion business and residential community in the centre of Khartoum, Sudan. The ‘Almogran’ master planned development is set to be a hub for activity in East Africa’s modern business market and a catalyst for further enterprise in this oil rich, dynamic region of Africa.
Located where the Blue Nile meets with the White Nile, Almogran, has two phases being developed in parallel, the first is a 160 acre, state-of-the-art, Central Business District and the second is a 1,420 acre, residential and leisure estate featuring an 18 hole golf course. Construction on stage one has already commenced and is estimated to be complete within 5 years. Construction of phase two will commence in the first quarter of 2006 and is estimated to be complete within 7 years.
Almogran will be served by a dedicated Public Development Authority (PDA) whose responsibility will be to give support to all investors and to ensure adherence to Urban Design Guidelines during and after the development process. The PDA will also provide a management function for the provision and up-keep of all utilities and services.
Almogran Central Business Development, Phase 1:
• 160 acres
• 44 commercial plots
• 18 hotel plots – 4 confirmed hotels
• 700 apartments
• 42,000 employees
• 3,460 residents
• Support facilities, including retail space opportunities for all plots
• 18 acres of parks & open space, including 3 parks, a riverfront promenade and plaza
• Opportunities exist for commercially developed leisure facilities such as cinemas, edutainment centres, fitness clubs, etc.
• 15,100 car parking spaces
• Public transport circulator service and park & ride operation
• Distribution/collection systems for all major services (power, water, telecoms, sewers, irrigation, fire mains, storm drainage), and development of generation/treatment plants (power plant, water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant).
Almogran Residential Estate, Phase II:
• 1,422 acres
• 650 villas
• 7,236 apartments
• 44,000 residents
• 205 acre, 18-hole golf course & resort
• 173 acre forest reserve
• 91 acres of parks, open space & lakes
• 70,880 sq m shops and restaurants
• Opportunities for commercially developed leisure facilities such as cinemas, edutainment centres, fitness clubs, etc.
• Police, fire station and hospital.
Hani H El. Khidir, managing director of Alsunut Development Company Ltd, says: “Alsunut Development is honoured to be one of the first major real estate investors in the emerging strong Sudanese economy. It’s a very exciting time for the country, which is about to experience prosperity, as yet unknown to the region. “Our goal is to incorporate the highest international standards to create a community which is truly fit to be the East African hub for global business”.
Alsunut Development Company Ltd is the power behind Almogran (www.alsunut.com). A joint venture between three great organizations, Alsunut Development Company Ltd brings together the strength and resources of the DAL Group Company Ltd (www.dalgroup.com), Khartoum State and the National Social Insurance Fund, to create one of the fastest growing real estate developers, with a dominant presence in trade and commerce in the region.
Founded in 1951 the DAL Group has since grown into one of the largest and most diversified conglomerates in the Sudan. Several independent DAL companies now operate in the commercial and industrial sectors representing international conglomerates such as Coca-Cola, Caterpillar, John Deere, Rolls Royce, Mitsubishi, Mercedes Benz, Bridgestone Tyres and Exide Batteries. Alsunut Development Company Ltd is based in Khartoum, Sudan and has a project office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.