Sudan seeks to strengthen economic ties
Dr. Ali told newsmen in Lagos that Sudan has to develop these sectors as oil cannot be relied on forever to sustain its economy.
To show its seriousness, the Sudanese government has extended invitation to Nigeria's leading investor, Alhaji Aliko Dangote for possible investment in the agricultural sector of Sudanese economy and the latter has accepted the invitation.
Dr. Ali said the people of Sudan have suffered a lot for over dependence on oil where a larger percentage of Sudanese lands are arable lands good for agriculture.
- Impetus from within: why the Arab World needs a very Arab 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Fiscal juggling': just how many economic priorities will Saudi Arabia's new King have to focus on?
- Despite Erdogan's 'harsh rhetoric', Turkish-Israeli is still booming
- UAE is best MidEast economy for attracting talent, index says
- The Arab Spring's success story: what will it take for Tunisia to unlock its full economic potential?