Egypt to finalize tender for Suez Canal development, but this time along, Qatar stands no chance
Egypt will finalise a tender for the development of the Suez Canal by the end of the month, the country's investment minister said on Monday.
"No country is taking the lead, it is an Egyptian project and we are going to finalise the first stage by finalising this tender by the end of this month," Osama Saleh told a Euromoney conference in Cairo, adding the terms of reference will be tendered globally.
- High bids, higher stakes: Winner of massive Suez Canal tender to be announced next month
- Egypt: Qatar can step up LNG exports using Suez canal
- 14 international firms selected so far to develop massive Suez Canal project
- Nepotism much? Egypt selects Saudi consultancy to draw Suez plan
- Suez Canal revenue drops due to political violence