UAE: Sharjah's Dana Gas to delay convertible sukuk repayment
Sharjah’s Dana Gas will not repay its $920 million convertible Sukuk on time as it is hit by payment delays from Egypt and Iraq’s Kurdistan region.
The Sukuk matured today (31 October), however Dana Gas has won more time to come to an arrangement with the Sukuk holders, reported Reuters, citing three sources. This standstill agreement is said to be effective for six months.
No Sukuk has been restructured or unpaid on maturity in the UAE to date.
Dana Gas has reportedly declined to comment.
- Taming the monster: UAE regulator to tighten supervision of financial markets over Arabtec's debacle
- Banking in the time of Ramadan: reconciling contemplation with profit-making
- Attempting to go mainstream? how Islamic banks are ditching the 'Islam' label in order to go global
- How Sukuks are proving a viable financing option for Saudi Arabia
- To jump on the bandwagon or not to jump: all about owning a credit card in Egypt