UAE: Sharjah's Dana Gas to delay convertible sukuk repayment
Sharjah’s Dana Gas will not repay its $920 million convertible Sukuk on time as it is hit by payment delays from Egypt and Iraq’s Kurdistan region.
The Sukuk matured today (31 October), however Dana Gas has won more time to come to an arrangement with the Sukuk holders, reported Reuters, citing three sources. This standstill agreement is said to be effective for six months.
No Sukuk has been restructured or unpaid on maturity in the UAE to date.
Dana Gas has reportedly declined to comment.
- Why the World Bank is ill-prepared when it comes to dealing with the Middle East
- Time to burst that Expo 2020 bubble, can Dubai survive with $103 billion in debt?
- Meet 'Mr. Five Percent': the man who bought Syria one bank at a time
- Why Lebanon needs more Arab investment
- Do Islamic banks need to "reorient themselves" in order to grow in the future?