SunGard Higher Education Releases Next Generation of Luminis Portal and Web Services Delivery Platform
UAE, Dubai, 11 October, 2010: The latest release of SunGard Higher Education’s Luminis Platform solution provides a new architecture, advanced product features and personalization capabilities to help institutions of higher education enhance online information and service delivery, foster campus community, preserve institutional branding and ease technology management.
Luminis Platform 5 makes it easier for colleges and universities to create a common gateway and single online environment in which to deliver data and services to a widely dynamic and diverse audience. Robust and easy-to-use administrative capabilities further support the delivery of personalized services and campus information. New community and collaboration spaces facilitate information sharing and collaboration in both the academic and social context. Further, Luminis Platform 5 is extensible and built with a focus around services orientation and modularity.
“Institutions of higher education are working hard to meet the online access and service expectations of their diverse constituents while balancing staffing and budget constraints,” said Darren Wesemann, SunGard Higher Education’s chief technology and product officer. “Understanding the environment of multiple systems, applications and tools that are often very complex and difficult to administer, we developed a standards-based portal platform to help ease and reduce the time required to manage systems, freeing time to instead focus on those tasks that strengthen relationships, improve the learning experience and deliver more constituent value.”
Using Luminis Platform 5, institutions of higher education have advanced enterprise portal technology to:
- Integrate SunGard Higher Education’s Banner Digital Campus as well as an institution’s choice of other critical systems and applications, to create a unified online academic and constituent experience.
- Personalize messaging, Web content, branding and relevant data from important applications.
- Support anytime, anywhere learning and provide students with single sign-on access to learning materials and campus resources at any time, from virtually anywhere, and from any type of connected device.
Luminis Platform 5 with its portal and Web services delivery platform is the latest substantiation of SunGard Higher Education’s Open Digital Campus strategy that aims to give colleges, universities and foundations more flexibility to shape how technology meets their evolving needs.
- King AbdulazizUniversity Selects ITS and Solutions from SunGard Higher Education to Create Next-Generation Digital Campus
- PAAET Selects SunGard Higher Education to Help Strengthen Technical and Vocational Education in Kuwait
- American University of Kuwait adopts SCT Luminis Platform
- PABME 2010 launches educational platform in Dubai, UAE
- King Abdulaziz University Selects ITS to Implement SunGard Higher Education’s Next Generation Digital Campus