Suzuki Kizashi 2011 to be launched in Saudi market later this year
Suzuki Motors Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation that specializes in manufacturing compact automobiles, recently launched its new Suzuki Kizashi all-wheel-drive sedan during the 2009 SEMA Show, a leading automotive specialty products trade event held in the US. ‘Kizashi’ is a Japanese word meaning ‘introduction’ or ‘preconceived idea.’ Suzuki Saudia, the sole distributor of Suzuki vehicles in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and part of Bamarouf Group, plans to introduce the car to the Saudi market by the last quarter of 2010.
The Suzuki Kizashi is expected to redefine the midsized sedan segment. Its body is specially designed for speed and power, while its prominent front end exudes an elegant appearance and its uniquely-shaped bonnet expresses power. It also sports a new chassis design which enhances aerodynamics to enable the vehicle to cruise at high speeds while maintaining an exceptional degree of stability.
Mr. Maher Al Nabawi, Deputy General Manager of Suzuki Saudia, said: “As the sole agent for Suzuki vehicles in the KSA, our company always seeks to promote the highest standards of excellence and quality and to meet the needs of its customers. Our launching of the Suzuki Kizashi 2011 in the last quarter of this year will reaffirm this commitment. This family vehicle boasts several features that make it an ideal choice for those who seek comfort and performance while driving, and sets a new benchmark in the midsize sedan segment.”
“As a leading manufacturer of compact cars, Suzuki was able to successfully combine high-end design with advanced performance through the new Kizashi. While this model enabled our parent company to strengthen its position in the European and American markets, we believe that the Kizashi will also fully meet the expectations of the Saudi market. We expect this model to be a major success in the Kingdom and help increase our share in the domestic market. We look forward to more collaborative work that will further promote the Suzuki brand,” he added.
The Suzuki Kizashi’s body is supported by iron beams to ensure added sturdiness. It is powered by a 220 KW V6 3.6 litre engine and will be available to Saudi drivers with a 6-speed automatic transmission gear.
- The 'death trip': an inside look into the perilious business of getting Syrian refugees to Europe
- 'Sensitive assets': how ports are advancing the GCC's strategic interests
- Why Oman's cargo port is shifting from Muscat to Sohar
- Airlines need to stick to their promise - it's always safety first, profit after
- The unquestionable Suez Canal development project leaves many questions unanswered
- Suzuki Saudia captures 55% of regional sales
- New Suzuki Celerio enters KSA’s US$9 billion automotive market
- Suzuki Saudia posts 5 per cent sales growth in 1st half of 2009 amidst global auto market slump
- Suzuki Saudia announces intent to open a new showroom in Al Khobar
- Suzuki Saudia signs with Gama rent-a-car to provide for increasing demand