Swiss to finances six Egyptian projects
Under a recently signed agreement, A Swiss fund will finance six new development projects in Egypt, at a total cost of $41 million. Plans include water and sewerage treatment projects, as well as social support programs benefiting the country’s women and children.
The agreements were sighed by the Egyptian minister of international planning and cooperation, Ahmed Al-Darsh, and the Swiss ambassador in Cairo, Plizer Judith, according to Al-Ahram daily.
Last year, the fund financed four projects aimed at enhancing the technical and vocational skills of the handicapped, a project providing work opportunities for unemployed university graduates and a program aiding underprivileged families suffering from poverty and the unemployment. ― (MENA Region)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Swiss Fund finances six projects in Egypt
- Knocking all doors: Iran seeking World Bank finances for development projects
- International project finance program
- Financing grand aspirations: three major investment banks take on Egypt's development projects ahead of Economic Summit
- US Company Indicted for Fraud in US-Funded Projects in Egypt