Syria to announce new banking rules
Syria's Governor of the Central Bank announced on Wednesday a bulk of new decisions are going to be issued soon in order to boost the banking action and economic reform.
"The Central Bank of Syria is going to finance part of imports in order to meet dollar demands reaching to about $3 billion mainly those related to imports that generate exporting dollar like raw materials," Governor of the CBS Adib Mayaleh said.
He underlined cohesion between the business sector and Syria’s Central Bank as being essential in making currency stability and business prosperity as well economic activities.
According to <i>SANA</I>, Minister of Economy Amer Hosni Lutfi called in a joint meeting for all economic sectors and the civil society participation besides the government as "to up level the Syrian economy and match the reform change to an open and merged economy with the international economy".
- New Syria opposition leader rules out Russian brokered peace talks
- Syria's ruling coalition increases number of seats in new parliament
- New UAE bank exposure rules scheduled to take effect in December
- Will they, won't they? UAE banking reform in Quagmire
- DFSA announces rule changes in relation to auditors