Syria to create General Investment Authority
The Syrian government is currently evaluating a law proposal with the objective of creating a General Investment Authority to replace the existing Investment Office. Syrian Prime Minister, Mustapha Miro, initiated this law proposal with the objective of stimulating investments into Syria, reported Al-Hayat. The new entity is planned to simplify the existing bureaucratic obstacles and barriers to investors. The government is also planning to amend investment law number 10 established in 1991. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Global Investment House – Syria Economic & Strategic Outlook I – Monetary Policy and Inflation
- Jeddah General Investment Authority oversees $211 million projects
- General Authority for Investment
- Al Qudra International signs an agreement to develop ‘Abraaj Sana’a’ with the General Investment Authority in Yemen.
- Lebanese authorities thwart terrorist plot to create 'security belt'