Syria has great investment future, claim UAE minister
Among the Arab Spring countries, Syria has the greatest potential in terms of investment and the UAE National companies are still interested to have businesses in Syria, Sultan Al Mansouri , Minister of Economy said at the closing session of the “Partnership to Invest in Future Syria” conference.
He said: “The UAE national companies including energy companies, Mubadala, Dubai World, Masdar, etisalat and others are still interested to invest in rebuilding future Syria.”
Commenting on the role of the private sector in leading the economy in the new Syria, Al Mansouri said it is a positive sign that Syrian businessmen are committed to investing to rebuild a new Syria.
However, the main challenge remains providing a healthy, friendly and stable environment to nurture the economic growth, Al Mansouri said.
On his part, Hamad Bu Amim, Director General of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said: “The Dubai Chamber will invest all its [expertise] in the economic and commercial sectors to rebuild future Syria.”
“We will help the UAE-based businessmen and companies to extend their businesses in Syria,” he added.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship
- United Arab Emirates is the most competitive among the advanced Arab countries
- Time to invest closer to home? Why the GCC countries are urged to pump their money into an Arab 'Marshal Plan'
- Recap: How are the Gulf's investments doing in North Africa's Arab Spring economies?
- UN report: Bahrain the best among all Arab countries for FDI performance