As war rages, Syrian government announces plan to increase state spending
The Cabinet on Tuesday approved the State budget draft law for the year 2013 with total amount of 1383 billion SYP increasing by 4% if compared with the budget of 2012.
In a session chaired by Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi, the Cabinet also approved the government's statement on the State general budget draft project for 2013.
The government statement dealt with the negative impacts of the economic sanctions imposed on Syria which aim at harming the Syrian Economy though making a trouble in the Syrian economic balance.During the session, al-Halqi discussed the political situation and the outcomes of the meetings and discussions held by the UN Envoy to Syrian Lakhdar Brahimi in Syria.
The Prime Minister appreciated the sacrifices of the Syrian Army and its achievements while confronting the armed terrorist groups, affirming that Syria will come out of the crisis victorious and stronger.
He talked about the general amnesty given by President Bashar al-Assad yesterday which pardons the crimes committed before October 23rd, 2012 as it paves a way for the national reconciliation and tolerance in order to build modern Syria.
Deputy Prime Minister for Service Affairs, Minister of Local Administration Omar Ghalawanji briefed the Ministers on the government procedures to provide the basic needs, medical and nutritional assistance to the displaced.
He affirmed that the government is going ahead in the works of restoration for the infrastructure and maintenance of electric and communication defects due to the sabotage acts of the armed groups.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Syrian Cabinet Discusses Internet Services, Approves Draft Publications Law
- British MP and Minister for Foreign Affairs engages in open debate with AUB students and faculty
- Bahrain parliament approves 11 pct rise in 2013 budget spending
- 1,000 Lower-Caste Hindus Convert to Christianity in India
- Iran spending billions to support Assad: UN envoy