Syria, Iran want to boost trade exchanges to $5 billion
Syria and Iran announced that they are working new ways to increase the volume of trade exchange to US$ 5 billion during the next three years, al-Thawra daily newspaper said Monday.
It added that the volume of the Iranian investments in Syria amounted to US$ 500 million, while the volume of trade exchange hit US$ 100 million.
In a statement to al-Thawra, Director of Industrial Bank Dr. Ali Kanaan stressed that Iran has a distinguished industries, particularly heavy metal industries not manufactured in Syria. Thus, Syria can benefit from the cooperation with Iran in this field by purchasing at low prices, comfortable maintenance and spare parts. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Playing Iran and Israel at the same time? Turkey aims for $35 billion worth of trade with Tehran
- Tokyo seeking business at Iran metal exchange
- Kicking the wrong 'derrière': Iran's economic sanctions need to be placed on Israel
- Minister: Iraq to Boost Imports from Syria, Jordan
- Iran, Syria to Boost Cooperation in Electricity Field