Overnight power cuts in Syria
Syria’s capital Damascus suffered power cuts over night, the Associated Press reported.
According to AP, the government has blamed rebels, saying they attacked the main cable that powers the city and surrounding suburbs.
On the micro-blogging site Twitter, locals said that the blackouts had lasted for over twelve hours, starting on Sunday evening.
Official state news agency, SANA, quoted the Electricity Minister, Imad Khamis, as saying: “Authorities are working on restoring the power,” after the minister said he held armed rebels responsible for the power-outage.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts