Overnight power cuts in Syria
Syria’s capital Damascus suffered power cuts over night, the Associated Press reported.
According to AP, the government has blamed rebels, saying they attacked the main cable that powers the city and surrounding suburbs.
On the micro-blogging site Twitter, locals said that the blackouts had lasted for over twelve hours, starting on Sunday evening.
Official state news agency, SANA, quoted the Electricity Minister, Imad Khamis, as saying: “Authorities are working on restoring the power,” after the minister said he held armed rebels responsible for the power-outage.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue