Overnight power cuts in Syria
Damascus suffered power cuts over night
Click here to add Damascus as an alert
Disable alert for Damascus,
Click here to add Imad Khamis as an alert
Disable alert for Imad Khamis,
Click here to add Sana as an alert
Disable alert for Sana,
Click here to add The Associated Press as an alert
Disable alert for The Associated Press,
Click here to add Twitter as an alert
Disable alert for Twitter
Syria’s capital Damascus suffered power cuts over night, the Associated Press reported.
According to AP, the government has blamed rebels, saying they attacked the main cable that powers the city and surrounding suburbs.
On the micro-blogging site Twitter, locals said that the blackouts had lasted for over twelve hours, starting on Sunday evening.
Official state news agency, SANA, quoted the Electricity Minister, Imad Khamis, as saying: “Authorities are working on restoring the power,” after the minister said he held armed rebels responsible for the power-outage.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?