Syrian Air announces biggest deal in company history
Director General of the Syrian national airliner, Nashat Nmeir on Saturday announced that Syrian Air is set to buy seven new passenger planes.
In a press conference held in Damascus, he indicated that four of the new planes will be medium–ranged having a capacity of 180-220 passengers while the other three will be long ranged with a capacity of 300 passengers.
According to Nmeir, Syrian Air is to purchase the planes directly from the manufacturer without any mediation. The deal will amount to US$500 million. It will be the biggest deal ever to be made by Syrian Air.
He added that loans would be drawn from Arab and international banks to finance the purchase.
Nmeir pointed out that within a period of two years the airliner is to receive the planes and in the meantime the cadres of the Syrian-Air will receive the job training necessary to deal with the high-tech equipment of the new planes. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Turkish Airlines signs the biggest deal of Turkish Civil Aviation history with Airbus for the purchase of 117 aircraft
- Global Investment House – Kuwait Stock Exchange Performance
- Syrian Arab Airlines to buy new planes next year
- Syrian Arab Airlines to Buy New Planes Next Year
- Arsenal and PUMA announce partnership