Syrian Lebanese oil project inspected
Lebanese Minister of Energy and Water Resources ,Ayyoub Hamid has stressed that the building of the Syrian-Lebanese gas pipeline has an important investment value for Lebanon.
According to SANA, following the inspection of the course of work at the pipeline on Friday, he stressed that the Syrian gas will be utilized at the first stage, while the second stage of the project will be executed to make the Syrian gas reach the oil installations in Zahrani in the south following a feasibility study.
He stressed that the change in energy production from fuel and diesel oil to the use of gas will ease the burden of home electricity consumption on Lebanese citizen and will also reduce the rate of environment pollution .
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Syrian-Lebanese accord to deliver Iraqi oil to Lebanon
- Big savings: the expected benefits and unexpected costs of the oil price slump on the Lebanese economy
- How Israel is, allegedly, taking advantage of Lebanon's 'distractions' to steal its gas
- Political inertia, refugee crisis stifling Lebanese economy: IMF
- Lebanon reaches initial deal for Egypt gas, seeks oil from Iraq and Iran