Syrian textile industry losing US$ 32 million
Syria’s state-run textile industry has lost $32 million in recent years, Al-Baath newspaper reported Sunday, terming the figure as “catastrophic”.
“The state textile industry has registered losses of 1.622 billion Syrian pounds ($32m) while some companies made a profit of only 78 million pounds ($1.5m),” the daily said.
It said the losses accumulated before the end of 2003. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Holding by a thread: behind the scenes of syria's textile industry
- Syrian state industry expected to lose $1.6 billion this year
- Syrian textile industries suffer further losses
- China Mulls Trade War Over US Decision to Cut Textile Quotas
- Global : Jordanian general industrial production index grew by 3.2% in 2007