Tabreed completes cooling system at Zayed Military City
Tabreed, the National Central Cooling Company, has completed two new district cooling schemes at their Zayed Military City development in Abu Dhabi. These join Tabreed's first scheme in the city, which has been operational for over two years.
“In 1999 we signed two long-term contracts with the UAE Armed Forces. In 2001 a contract for a further two schemes was signed, increasing output to 50,000 tons of cooling. This second phase is now operational with further phases been built to bring total contract capacity to over 90,000 tons” explained Managing Director of Tabreed, Dany Safi.
The Zayed Military City development has been undertaken on a build, own and operate (BOO) basis and on a 20 years contract. The new schemes, each with an extendable capacity and supply chilled water to a complex of buildings and military workshops through a network of distribution pipes, have been constructed by Canadian Company, SNC Lavalin International, with the engineering and construction administration executed by Ellerbe Becket of the US. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Phase one of Tabreed’s Abu Dhabi district cooling schemes completed
- us commerce department honours uae military works directorate for pioneering district cooling use
- Tabteed implements two district cooling schemes in Abu Dhabi
- Tabreed signs five new contracts with UAE Armed Forces
- Private school connected to district cooling network