Tabreed to supply district cooling to Al-Gurm Plaza
Tabreed, the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) National Central Cooling Company (PJSC), has been contracted to supply cooling to Al-Gurm Plaza, opposite Manar Mall, from its facility in Ras Al-Khaimah. 300 refrigerating tons will be supplied to Al-Gurm Plaza.
The new four-floor building, which will house 80 apartments, is the first residential property in Ras Al-Khaimah to utilize district cooling, according to a company press release. Tabreed’s Ras Al-Khaimah facility can supply buildings within a three-kilometer radius of the facility and has the maximum capacity of 10,000 refrigerating tons.
“District cooling is a relatively new concept in the UAE, but its benefits, including hassle-free, environmentally friendly, maintenance-free, energy saving cooling, better temperature control and noise reduction, are already proving popular with landlords and tenants,” said Jamal Al-Jarwan, Tabreed’s Area Manager of Dubai & Northern Emirates.
The Ras Al-Khaimah scheme is one of a number of projects undertaken by Tabreed, which was established in 1998 through the UAE Offsets Group. A further 10 schemes are currently under construction in different areas in the UAE. More than 40,000 refrigerating tons are currently under contract with Tabreed, with plans ahead of target to generate 30,000 refrigerating tons by the beginning of 2002. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Phase one of Tabreed’s Abu Dhabi district cooling schemes completed
- Tabreed wins 20-year cooling contract with Ras Al-Khaimah Free Zone
- Tabteed implements two district cooling schemes in Abu Dhabi
- Saudi Tabreed Achieves Financial Closure of SAR 1.84 Billion Project to Provide District Cooling to Saudi Aramco
- Saudi Tabreed appointed by Saudi Aramco to develop District Cooling System for Dhahran area