Tabteed implements two district cooling schemes in Abu Dhabi
A number of commercial, residential and military customers in Abu Dhabi have subscribed to Tabreed’s environmentally-friendly solution to cooling, according to a company press release. Tabreed, the National Central Cooling Company (PJSC), has its headquarters in Dubai.
Two district cooling schemes, covering Al-Muroor and Zayed Sports City, are currently under construction and plan to start supplying cooling to buildings across two six square kilometer areas in the city by June 2002. Over 60 percent of the total 44,000 refrigerating tonnes contract capacity for both schemes has been sold.
Around 20 km of piping will be supplied by Emirates Preinsulated Pipes Industries (EPPI) for the schemes. It joins a number of governmental and commercial projects undertaken by Tabreed. Three schemes are currently in place in Zayed Military City and additional schemes are running in Ras Al-Khamaih, Al-Ain and Dubai.
Established in 1998 through the efforts of the UAE Offsets Group, Tabreed is a district cooling service provider in the Middle East region, offering customers an integrated energy system devised to help them optimize their energy usage and reduce costs. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Phase one of Tabreed’s Abu Dhabi district cooling schemes completed
- Tabreed to supply district cooling to Al-Gurm Plaza
- "Saudi Tabreed" Alliance Win a District Cooling Contract Providing King Abdullah Financial District in Riyadh
- Tabreed to cool Abu Dhabi University
- Emirates Preinstalled Pipes Industries to expand Abu Dhabi headquarters