Tanmia launches new initiative to train UAE national graduates
UAE's National Human Resources Development and Employment Authority (Tanmia) has launched a new initiative to train UAE National graduates for accounts positions in the job market. The move is aimed at meeting the shortfall of accountants in the market.
Under the programme, 40 nationals have been enrolled to undergo a ten-week accounts course running into a total of 200 hours, in addition to 2 weeks of practical training. The aim of the initiative is to train graduates to enter the job market as skilled assistant accountants.
"The accounts training programme will coach the young students in all aspects of accountancy and impart knowledge of electronic as well as manual accounting," said Ayesh Al Barguthi, Director, Employment and Skills Development Center, Tanmia. "The course will explore the practical side of accounts and cover government accounting, cost accounting and data analysis through IT systems. This will help arts students and others to join practical areas. Those candidate are available for employment and can easily be interviewed at the request of any employer".
Tanmia has recently stepped up its activities to boost the presence of Nationals in the job market through a series of initiatives as well as regulations that require firms in the trading sector employing more than 50 people, to reserve a 2 per cent quota for Nationals. All these moves
are part of an overall plan to reduce the looming problem of unemployment among UAE Nationals and thus correct the imbalance in the job market. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Tanmia launches its Technical Training Center in partnership with Microsoft to provide IT training to UAE Nationals
- tanmia’s maharat hospitality programme trains batch of 49 uae national jobseekers
- 36 UAE National jobseekers registered with Tanmia complete retail-focused training programme
- Algeria Launches National Plan to Develop Aquaculture
- Dubai Islamic Bank welcomes new batch of UAE Nationals for ‘Masrafi’ Programme