Tasjeel introduces new auto number plates service
Tasjeel, the vehicle test and registration network operated by Emirates Petroleum Products Company (EPPCO) in tandem with Dubai Police, has expanded its services to include production and on-the-spot delivery of number plates.
The Al-Ghusais Tasjeel center is the first to introduce the specialist equipment with a daily production capacity of 600-800 Burj Al-Arab design number plates. Three trained Dubai Police operators man the machine, which takes between three to five minutes to produce a plate.
Tasjeel will introduce the service to its Sheikh Zayed Road center in a month's time, before it replaces the existing equipment with new, fully automated electronic machines, scheduled to become operational next summer.
Further developments include Tasjeel's network expansion to a new site at Ducams, and the Al Ghusais Tasjeel center extended working hours. Shajrah, Ajman and Abu Dhabi based vehicles carrying Dubai plates can make full use of Tasjeel's services. Non-Dubai registered vehicles can be tested at Tasjeel but not registered.
Other Dubai Police plate order and collection centers are in Al Barsha (Bur Dubai), Traffic Department Head Office and Deira old plate factory. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Third Tasjeel Center extends working hours
- Tasjeel launches GCC'S first mobile testing unit
- Tasjeel launches new vehicle inspection system
- All night long: Dubai motorists offered 24/7 vehicle testing services
- Emirates Auction Bags Top 10 Records for World's Most Expense License Plates after Plate ”9” Sells for Dh15 million!