TDC launches Boomtown game concept in the Middle East
Denmark's telecom provider TDC has signed an franchising agreement with AA Technologies to expand its Boomtown game concept to the Middle East. The first country to receive the program is Kuwait, with Internet cafes opening in Kuwait City and Bahrain. The outlets are expected to open at the end of the year.
Boomtown is TDC Internet's gaming concept that consists of three parts. Besides the cafés, it consists of the extremely fast broadband product Boomtown ADSL as well as an online gaming site where it is possible to play online computer games, such as the well-known Counter Strike.
The first Boomtown café opened in Copenhagen in September of 2001. The Aarhus café followed suit in December. Both places have already become very popular among computer gamers. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Q-Tel signs cooperation agreement with Denmark's TDC
- Online Gaming sees the light for the 1st time in EGYPT & the Middle East Through LINKdotNET - BOOMTOWN Partnership
- SEGA Republic marks one year of operations
- Jacky’s Electronics’ battle for the third Gaming Champion - More than 200 gaming enthusiasts to converge at Jacky’s Dubai Mall
- Axiom drives retail expansion with interactive concept store for mobile devices