TDIC awards bulk earth filling contract for Saadiyat Island project
Abu Dhabi’s Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) has awarded an AED 815 million (US $ 222 million) bulk earth filling contract for its flagship Saadiyat Island project to Belgium’s Jan De Nul.
Work will now begin in January on filling some 35 million cubic metres of earth which will be used to provide sculpted landform, enhancing vistas for Saadiyat Island’s Marina & Cultural Districts – two of six distinct districts in the planned international residential and tourism destination. The work is expected to be completed in December 2008.
Meanwhile, enabling works continue on Saadiyat Island, a 27 square kilometre island offshore the UAE capital city, to clear the ground for infrastructure development. The works, being carried out by the Al Jaber Group, one of the UAE’s leading contracting companies, are expected to be completed by the end of January 2007.
- abu dhabi’s tdic awards us$550m (aed2.1 billion) saadiyat island infrastructure contract to australia’s leighton international
- Abu Dhabi: TDIC awards Saadiyat infrastructure contract
- Enabling works begin on Saadiyat Island site clearance pre-empts construction of new Abu Dhabi destination
- tdic takes two cityscape awards for saadiyat island
- TDIC awards German/UAE JV AED 671 million Saadiyat bridge contract