TECOM Investments Business Parks Score High on Free Zones Global Ranking
TECOM Investments, a diversified conglomerate and a member of Dubai Holding, today announced seven of its specialised business parks have gained a strong ranking on fDi (Foreign Direct Investment) magazine’s annual report of global free zones.
Part of The Financial Times Business Group and edited in London, the English language bi-monthly fDI is considered one of the most trusted sources of information for companies involved in cross-border expansion.
The TECOM Business Parks have been featured in the top 25 list of 2010/11 Global Free Zones of the Future Rankings, competing with more than 200 other free zones worldwide.
In addition, the free zones were also recognised under the categories of Best Economic Potential, Most Cost Effective, Best Facilities, Best Transportation Links, Best Incentives, Best Promotion, Best Airport and Best Port.
Dubai Knowledge Village has been ranked first under the Best Incentives category globally and in the Middle East while Dubai Media City is ranked first under Best Promotion and second in the Best Incentives category globally and in the Middle East. The International Media Production Zone is placed first under the Most Cost Effective category in the Middle East and fifth under the same category globally, while Dubai Internet City has been ranked fourth in the Best Incentives Category globally and in the Middle East.
Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park features fourth overall in the Middle East and seventh globally. It is also ranked among the top 10 under Best Promotion, Best Transportation Links and Best Incentives categories.
Dubai International Academic City has featured in the top 10 in the Middle East with strong ranking under Best Transportation Links.
Dr. Amina Alrustamani, Chief Executive Officer, TECOM Business Parks, said: “TECOM Business Parks’ Free Zones provide a complete value chain of specialised offerings that have created an established community hub for specific industries. The entities remain at the forefront of the region’s thought leadership and innovation in the five industry cluster groups of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Media, Education, Sciences, and Manufacturing and Logistics.
“We are confident of setting new benchmarks while continuing to provide vital support to the region and facilitating global corporations to expand their regional footprint through their operations in Dubai.”
TECOM Investments has won several distinctions including Dubai Quality Appreciation Program 2009, ‘Best Environmental Excellence’ Category at Sixth Annual CSR Summit Awards 2009, the 2008 UAE Web Awards category for Best Strategic Forums, Emirates Energy Award 2008, Best Company at Alternative Energy Awards 2007 and Dubai Human Development Award 2007.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Financial Times’ FDi Magazine recognises Jafza the Best Free Zone in the Middle East for large multinationals
- TECOM Investments Realigns 11 Business Parks into Five Industry Cluster Groups
- Global corporate FDI plans on hold, but FDI opportunities remain in the Middle East
- dubai quality group issues new edition of its bi-monthly magazine bqr
- Sports Facilities Holds Action Program “the Environmental Park and its Rangers”