Tehran's stock exchange booms a phenomenal 57%
The TEPIX surpassed 60,000 on Saturday.
Click here to add Ali Salehabadi as an alert
Disable alert for Ali Salehabadi,
Click here to add Iran’s Securities and Exchange Organization as an alert
Disable alert for Iran’s Securities and Exch ...,
Click here to add Mehr News Agency as an alert
Disable alert for Mehr News Agency,
Click here to add Tehran Stock Exchange as an alert
Disable alert for Tehran Stock Exchange,
Click here to add World Federation of Exchanges as an alert
Disable alert for World Federation of Exchanges
The Tehran Stock Exchange main index (TEPIX) has gained around 57 percent since the beginning of the current Iranian calendar year (March 21, 2013). The TEPIX surpassed 60,000 on Saturday, the Mehr News Agency reported.
In January, the chairman of Iran’s Securities and Exchange Organization, Ali Salehabadi, said that the total value of Iran’s capital market, including the Tehran Stock Exchange and the over-the-counter markets, is half of the gross domestic product (GDP).
Founded in 1967, the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) has been one of the world's best performing stock markets in recent years and ranked as the best bourse index in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East in 2010 in terms of performance of the main index.
The TSE’s annual growth rate of main indices also ranked second among all members of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) in 2010.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Kuwaiti market recorded a phenomenal growth of 67.58% in 2005, out-performing the growth of 11.9% in the previous year
- Tehran Stock Exchange capital amounts to 25% of Iran's GDP
- What crisis? Dubai markets at new hit five year high!
- Global values Tamweel at AED9.21 and recommends a BUY on the stock
- Kuwait stock market sheds 3.7 percent on global war gloom