Thai consortium to construct venue for 2006 Asian Games in Qatar
Federation of Design and Construction Services of Thailand (Fedcon) won a $27 million contract to become the designer and project management consultant for the athletes' village at the 15th Asian Games, to be held in Doha, Qatar, in 2006.
Under the agreement, signed between the Thai consortium and the Qatari government, the village—including stadiums, a sports village and staff quarters—will later be converted into a medical center for Qatar's public health ministry.
The nine-member Fedcon was formed in 2001 to promote and offer overseas services of Thai professionals in architecture, interior design, engineering, construction and project management. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Qatar to promote US$2.8 billion investment during Asia Sports Summit and Expo
- Consortium led by Siemens to construct, expand Qatari substations
- QNOC to invest $455 million in Asian Games preparations
- Australian consultants win Qatar Asian Games contract
- Qatar Airways and Thai Airways sign codeshare agreement