Thai exhibition to open in Sharjah
The sixth annual Thai Exhibition in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will be held the Sharjah Expo Center, September 10-12. The event is organized by the Thai Exports Promotion Authority and the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, according to Al-Watan.
The event is considered extremely important by the Thai government as it plays a major role in boosting bilateral exchanges between Thailand and the UAE. More than 150 Thai companies and state-owned corporations are expected to participate in the fair.
Official sources in Thailand estimate the value of Thai exports to the Middle East at $2.216 billion in the year 2000. These exports are shipped to 15 different countries in the region, particularly the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey and Yemen. Imports from the Middle East to Thailand were estimated at $6.353 billion during the same period. — (Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Recovering Thai economy makes inroads into the United Arab Emirates
- Expo Centre Sharjah to host Thailand Exhibition
- Sharjah Museums Department to open first printmaking exhibition from the sub-continent in the Middle East
- Expo Center Sharjah officials promote the UAE and Middle East markets in Thailand
- Indonesia opens first regional solo exhibition in Sharjah