Thuraya enters Libya telecom market
Thuraya is to launch its satellite services in Libya. The chief of Libya's General Company for Post, and Telecommunications (GCPT), Eng. Mohamed Muammer al Gathafi announced earlier this week that the Company would distribute public telephones, to be provided by Thuraya, especially in remote areas, and dessert roads.
This came during the signing of two agreements in Tripoli between the GCPT and Thuraya. The agreements allow Thuraya to launch its services and products in the Libyan market.
Eng. Mohamed Muammer al Gathafi confirmed in a speech after the signing ceremony that these two agreements come to organize Thuraya phone network services in Libya, based on international laws and norms in the field of communications.
On his part, the Executive Director of Thuraya, Youseef al Saeed, indicated that the signing of the two agreements would enable his company to present its service in Libya. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Thuraya to Launch Post-Paid Mobile Satellite Services in Libya
- Libya to Enter the International Tourism Market
- France's Alcatel contracted to expand Libya’s mobile coverage
- Saudi SLS to develop Thuraya payphones
- Middle East and Africa region has highest growth rate as global telecom market races towards us$ 2 trillion