Tourist information centres open in Oman
Field works of a project to enumerate Salalah visitors during the Khareef season 2004 which is implemented by the Omani Ministry of National Economy in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism and Royal Oman Police (ROP) and Oman Civil Aviation Services Company began Sunday. The project will continue until September 31st.
Khalid bin Musallam al-Rowas, tourism director in Dhofar Governorate told Oman News Agency (ONA) that tourist information centres today began to provide tourists with various services. The centres are located at Hareet border check point and Salalah Airport.
He added the Tourism and National Economy Ministries cooperate in enumerating Salalah visitors during the Khareef season.The tourist information centres will provide visitors with guiding pamphlets, brochures and maps.
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Oman: Wave sales centre opens
- Surge in tourist arrivals to drive travel & tourism sector’s share in Oman GDP to USD 1.93 billion
- Countdown to Oman’s Coral Al Nahda Resort & Spa opening
- Cyprus Tourism Organisation to soon open regional Tourist Office in Dubai
- 200,000 tourists visit Oman's Governorate of Dhofar