Tunisia's mortgage bank receives $50 million term loan facility
Arab Banking Corporation BSC and Crédit Lyonnais recently announced the signing of a debut five-year $50 million term loan facility for the state-owned Banque de l’Habitat, Tunisia’s housing bank.
This facility represents the first loan syndication for a commercial bank in Tunis in recent years, and it achieved a notable over-subscription with broad support from local, regional and international banks, according to a bank press release.
The facility’s co-arrangers are the Arab Investment Company, Bank Brussels Lambert, North Africa International Bank, Raiffeisen Zentralbank Oesterreich, Tunis International Bank Union
Founded in 1989, Banque de l’Habitat is the fourth largest Tunisian bank in terms of total assets and is 57 percent owned by the state. Although Banque de l’Habitat has engaged in commercial banking since 1992, its main business remains focused on mortgage loans in Tunisia, where it holds a market share of approximately 80 percent. — (menareport.com)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bank of Sharjah announces successful closure of US$150 million club term-loan facility
- ADB grants €80 million housing loan to Tunisia’s Banque d'Habitat
- Société Tunisienne de Banque gets $75 million syndicated term loan facility
- Arab Banking Corporation grants $50 million to the Tunisian Housing Bank
- First Gulf Bank signs USD 900 million three year, senior unsecured term loan facility