Turkey’s Mobilkom appoints Inmarsat as service provider
Mobilkom, a Turkey-based communications solutions provider, has appointed Inmarsat as its service provider.
Mobilkom was awarded a Global Mobile Personal Communication by Satellite (GMPCS) license, one that allows the company to provide Inmarsat's voice and data satellite communication solutions in the Turkish and surrounding markets.
As an Inmarsat Service Provider, Mobilkom will be able to market, sell and support the entire range of land, maritime and aeronautical Inmarsat satellite based communication systems.
Mobilkom took its place in the fast growing satellite telecommunication service and solutions sector in 1996 and is currently providing solutions to Turkey, Romania, and since 1999 to the Turkish Republics of the former Soviet Union. Since its foundation, Mobilkom has developed strategic alliances with a number of leaders in the satellite communications industry.
Inmarsat owns and operates a global mobile satellite network and delivers its communications solutions through a worldwide network of approximately 260 distributors and other service providers operating in over 80 countries to end users in the maritime, land and aeronautical sectors. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Inmarsat offers enhanced high-speed data capacity over the Middle East
- Inmarsat and Nokia joined forces for Wireless LAN development
- Inmarsat hosts satellite communications seminar in Cairo
- Inmarsat: A celestial extension to terrestrial communication networks
- Inmarsat launches 'next generation' of data communications satellite service