Turkey-Dubai trade up 54 percent in 2003
Trade between Turkey and Dubai increased by 54 percent in 2003 reaching 2.35 billion Emirati Dirhams ($639 million), according to the First Vice President of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI), Abdul Rahman Saif Al-Ghurair.
Dubai imports from Turkey increased by 70 percent least year reaching approximately Dh 2.1 billion compared to Dh 1.24 billion in 2002. Dubai imports a significant quantity of furniture and upholstery from Bursa, Turkey.
Al-Ghurair announced these figures at a recent meeting with a Turkish delegation headed by Chairman of the Inegol Chamber of Commerce, Metin Anil. The delegates agreed that trade figures indicate good business relations between the two countries, but highlighted that Dubai's imports of Turkish furniture could be increased. Anil suggested the development of direct communication links with Dubai's business community. He also invited the DCCI to send a delegation to Bursa to get a better idea of the many opportunities available there. . — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai's tea imports from Sri Lanka reached $62 million in 2003
- Dubai's exports to Taiwan up 33 percent in 2003
- DCCI signs MoU with the Federation of Italian Exporters and Importers
- DCCI confirms Japan as Dubai's second largest commercial partner
- DCCI Director General conducts trade talks with Iranian representative