What crisis? Turkey's economy still expanding
Turkish economic growth beat expectations in the first quarter of this year by registering a 4.4 percent year-on-year growth in gross domestic product (GDP), government data said on Tuesday.
The growth in GDP was 1.7 percent in the first quarter over the previous quarter. A fast growth in exports accompanied by a solid domestic and an increase in public investments were the main drivers of the first quarter’s 4.3 percent growth in GDP.
The expansion in GDP was 4 percent for the entire 2013.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects