What crisis? Turkey's economy still expanding
Turkish economic growth beat expectations in the first quarter of this year by registering a 4.4 percent year-on-year growth in gross domestic product (GDP), government data said on Tuesday.
The growth in GDP was 1.7 percent in the first quarter over the previous quarter. A fast growth in exports accompanied by a solid domestic and an increase in public investments were the main drivers of the first quarter’s 4.3 percent growth in GDP.
The expansion in GDP was 4 percent for the entire 2013.
- Why India is likely to re-emerge as the UAE's top trade partner
- What's really attracting high net worth individuals to living in the UAE?
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women
- Presidential vacuum, Syrian crisis leaves Lebanon's business leaders more than worried
- Oil wells, taxes, and scare tactics: how the IS has been making money all this time