What crisis? Turkey's economy still expanding
Turkish economic growth beat expectations in the first quarter of this year by registering a 4.4 percent year-on-year growth in gross domestic product (GDP), government data said on Tuesday.
The growth in GDP was 1.7 percent in the first quarter over the previous quarter. A fast growth in exports accompanied by a solid domestic and an increase in public investments were the main drivers of the first quarter’s 4.3 percent growth in GDP.
The expansion in GDP was 4 percent for the entire 2013.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal