Turkish glass factory goes on stream in Russia
Turkey’s Andolu Glass Company, a division of the Sisecam Group confirmed that production has commenced at its new glass container factory located in Vlademir, Russia, reported Milliyet .
Although the factory will not be officially inaugurated until September, the $26 million plant has already reached 80 percent of its production capacity. The factory is Sisecam’s second venture abroad after an investment in Georgia.
Sisecam is a Turkish glass and chemicals manufacturer, based in Istanbul, with an output of 1.2 million tons of glass a year and of 750,000 tons of sodium carbonate per year. The Sisecam Group is also active in chrome chemicals, metals, packaging and mining.
Some 24 percent of its total sales come from flat glass, 33 percent from glassware, 19 percent from glass packaging and metals and 24 percent from chemicals. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- IFC backs Turkish glass manufacturer with $97.5 million loan
- ASCOM launches 1st calcium carbonate factory in El- Minya
- Turkish beer bottling factory to open in Russia next month
- Turkey’s Sisecam to invest $160 million into Bulgarian flat glass venture
- Ford Otosan plans $1 billion in annual exports to Western Europe